Sunday 25 December 2011

The Lady Belt Works!

Merry Christmas!

Just a quick blog today people, coming down from yesterdays sugar high still.

I have had a couple of goes with the lady's leather belt and the tyre and it works a treat. It's incredible how it isolates by legs and helps me utilise my big hairy gluteus maximi! The scary thing is that despite the strain of dragging a 4x4 tyre along the soft sand for an hour today, I feel surprisingly strong. It's like I am made for this sort of thing. I rowed surfboats for 15 years and did quite well from time to time, but to look at me, I'm not 6ft 4 and 104kg, I'm 6ft and 104kgs, hardly the svelte rowing physique! I used to feel sore in so many places after a rowing session with muscle and joint pain everywhere, but with this, I feel great.

Anyway, here are a couple of shots from my iPhone this morning. Like I said, I spend 15 years rowing surfboats and Newport Beach was my training ground for all that time. I feel like I have come back to my spiritual home again after quite a few years on the side line and I feel invigorated by the place! But I wonder how I will feel after doing 1000 laps!

Notice in these shots how the 'Non-Draggers' (beach runners with no ticker) used my drag marks to make their soft sand runs easier! Toughen up!

No comments:

Post a Comment